Eek!! I finally decided to bite the bullet and start a blog. It’s been an idea I’ve been toying around with for a while, but I always seemed to find an excuse for putting it off. I think the turning point for me was reading a quote that Jacey Duprie (aka “The Damsel in Dior”) had written down as part of her morning meditation ritual. It read “One day, or day one. You decide.” That quote really resonated with me and I thought, “Heck, yeah! It is up to me. If I want to start a blog I can start a blog.” So, I dove in head first and now I can proudly say, let’s get to The Harp of the Matter!
Now, you’re probably wondering who Harp is. Right? Am I getting ahead of myself already? Well, I hope not because here’s 10 quick facts about me.
- My name is Harper, but if I had to pick a different name I would choose Bea. It’s such a classic! Plus, Kelly Oxford (@kellyoxford aka my idol) has the absolute coolest daughter named Bea. Who knows, maybe some of her coolness would rub off on me if we shared a name.
- I live in Kentucky in a pretty small town, but we’re only about an hour drive from Nashville, so there’s plenty to do if you don’t mind a drive every now and then.
- I’ll be entering my sophomore year of high school in the fall. Oh that reminds me. I should probably start on my summer assignments. Yikes.
- I’m an only child. People ask me all the time if I like being an only child and I honestly do. Sure, I used to get a little lonely when I was younger, but now I realize that it’s made me closer to my other family members. My cousin is an only child, too, and I think being only children has helped us create a deeper bond than any sisters could have.
- I’ve loved clothes forever. I remember coming home from preschool and getting out every single piece of clothing I owned and having a fashion show. It drove my mom nuts having to pick up everything after, but this little fashionista couldn’t be stopped(;
- I’ve got a few nicknames. My friends call me Harps, my cousin calls me Harpie, my aunt dubbed me Harper Lou Who, and my mom thinks it’s a hoot to call me Pookie (don’t ask). I love them all, but my favorite was given to me by one of my best friends one day while we were playing tennis. I was about to hit a ball and all the sudden she called out “Go, J. Harp!” Pretty catchy, right?
- I LOVE playing tennis. I’ve been playing for about 3 years and joined my school’s team last year.
- You know what I like about most people? Their dogs. I have two dogs named Sam and Frank. Sam is a lab mix and Frank is an English Mastiff. He weighs 210 pounds. NBD.
- I workout every day. No. Matter. What. I know it sounds crazy, but I don’t feel like myself if I don’t fit in a little sweat-sesh in the morning. I guess that’s a good thing considering my deep love for ice cream and Mexican food.
- My pet peeve is slow walkers. I’ve got better things to do than shuffle behind you all day. And don’t even get me started on people who walk slow AND block the entire hallway/sidewalk.
If you have any requests for future blog posts, please leave a comment!